Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Remove password from PDF

I've had some major issues while working with PDF files recently. I was given a bunch of files at work, but some of them were password-protected. Bummer! Trying to guess passwords was a bad idea. Trying to use online solutions failed. I started searching for a good PDF password remover for Mac, found some cheap one, but this PDF password remover Mac app only removed the password for copying and editing the document. Well, I couldn't access some files at all…

 
Finally I came across remove PDF password Mac solution developed by Eltima. Luckily it managed to find the passwords for my documents and saved my deadline! It decrypted even those passwords restricting the access to documents!
The advantages of the app according to developer's website:
- Various password search methods: search by password length, by a set template, dictionary search, and exhaustive search.
- The speed of password search can be much higher if you use other computers on the network.
- You can get the unprotected copy of a PDF file if you don't want the passwords to be there anymore.
- There is also a Windows version of PDF password remover for Mac.
It is not free though. Single license costs $39.95, but if it can restore your passwords, isn't it worth it?

No comments:

Post a Comment